On this day in 1935, FDR signed the Social Security Act, which guaranteed an income for the unemployed and retirees.
Social Security provided relief for those affected by the Great Depression, and it continues today during these hard times. Our senators and congress need to work together and find a way to preserve this important social program.
- Social Security Summer Cucumber Salad
This recipe will bail you out whenever you need a quick summer salad.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Combine cucumbers, red onion, sugar, vinegar and oil in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
This blog is dedicated to my mom, Marilyn Brandt. She depends on Social Security, and it's going to be even more important since we lost my dad on August 2.
Post a Comment